CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 11, 2010

My CVS Plan for Today

I have told several people about how I have started using coupons. I use www.grocerygame.com to help me plan my weekly trips to Bi-Lo. I find that this is much easier than some of the other websites. Last week I added CVS to my list. I spent about $25.00 at CVS last week and got a TON of stuff. CVS gives you "extra care bucks" for some items each week. This week, you can get ECB for Cokes and Dove Shampoo... SO, today I am going shopping. Here is my plan:

Transaction #1
4 Coke 12 pks- $13.00
                      -12.99 in ECB
________________________
               Total Cost 0.01 (and will receive another $3.00 in ECB)


Transaction #2
1 Dove Shampoo- 4.49
                      - 3.00 in ECB
                      - 1.50 coupon (3/28 RP)
_________________________
              Total Cost- FREE (well, I'll have to pay sales tax on this one) plus $4.49 in ECB for next week!!


Not bad, eh?? 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found that Hip2Save's blog, but I have a question:

What does RP and SS stand for?

Yay for saving money!! lol

Kami

Alicia said...

Those are the different inserts in the Sunday paper. The RP means Red Plum and the SS means Super Saver (I think... or some other SS thing).

Be careful, the coupon thing is very, very addictive. :)

Alicia said...

I don't know what I was thinking... the SS stands for Smart Source.

Anonymous said...

Oh okay! I thought it might mean something like that, but I wanted to make sure. I have always admired people who were able to use coupons like that. I think I am going to start trying to do that! Anything to save some money is a good thing! :)

Kami