CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 23, 2010

McFatty Monday Week #6 Results

For this edition of McFatty Monday, I have some stories of all the diets that I have tried (and failed).

1. When I was in 9th grade I decided to cut out my night time snack of Oreos and Milk. I promptly lost 15 pounds. Honestly... this was the easiest diet EVER. Unfortunately, my metabolism doesn't work like that anymore, and I don't have oreos and milk every single night.



2. I tried the Atkins diet (low carb) when I became drum major at USC. It was really important to me to have a bottom that wouldn't be the size of the jumbotron during football games. I did this along with running for over 3 months, loved it, lost around 20 pounds... and then gradually added carbs back until I had gained almost everything back....

3. When I was a senior in college I joined Jenny Craig during their 20 pounds for $20 special. It was so expensive!!! I spent over $100 a week on their food (for just me!), and maybe lost 7 pounds. I guess it would work if you could afford to be on the diet for a long time, and if you actually ate the food instead of made excuses as to why it was okay if you quit.

4. I tried Weight Watchers a few summers ago. I liked the points thing, but it made me think about how many points I could eat all day long. Consequently, my obsession with food grew... I think I lost about 6 pounds.

5. I began Healthy Weigh the summer of 2008. It was a program where you go for weekly weigh ins, they give you some food for lunch, and you provide your own breakfast and dinner. I didn't lose a thing. I wanted to succeed so I would go to the sauna at the gym an hour and a half before my weigh in and stay there until I couldn't take it any longer just so I could see some weight loss on the scale.

SO--- now we're back on Atkins, and I'm feeling great. Maybe one day I'll talk about this lifestyle more, but for right now, I'm just really happy to have found something that makes me feel so much better.

Weight loss results for this week:

Jason- 1 pound- 13 pounds
Alicia- 2 pounds- 12.2 pounds

We're getting really close to 15 pounds now!!! 

No comments: