CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 8, 2010

This Is What Playing From Your Heart Looks Like...

This weekend the Rebel Regiment competed at our State Contest. Yall... our kids were so good!!! Unfortunately, we weren't very happy with our placement. We really expected to come in 3rd place (based on where everyone stood from previous competitions this year), and we were shocked when we were announced as fifth.

I've heard people in our community talking for years about how the band is not as good as it used to be. I take their opinions with a grain of salt (even though it does hurt my feelings a little)... I just believe that you can't watch this and really believe that this band can't be labeled as one of Byrnes High School's best bands.

Anyway-- without further discussion... here are my band babies!! :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think people tend to equate "good" with "size" which isn't always the case, but in a lot of people's minds, they automatically think that.

I watched that video, and I think they did a great job! The longer I've been out of high school, the "younger" high school students seem to be, and to know that there are kids out there who are dedicated and focused on something like that when they could so easily be into bad stuff and giving way to peer pressure, makes me smile. It's so much harder to be a kid nowadays than even when I was in school. I am proud of them! And I'm proud that y'all are an active part of it.

Jackie said...

That was wonderful! Watching this video brought back some wonderful memories and even some tears. It always made me so proud to say my daughters were in the Rebel Regiment. Thess students put a lot of hard work into the band and should be proud of their show!!

Corrie said...

I thought the show was great this year - I couldn't believe it when I heard you guys came in 5th. I definitely thought you'd place higher this year. Definitely one of the best bands!

Rick said...

Everytimne I watch this it just brings goosebumps to me. I agree with Kami. The Rebel Regiment may not be as big as they were in 2000 when they went to the Rose Parade, but that does not mean they are not as good. I think this years band show was outstanding. We are getting bigger again. Every staff member and band student should be proud of what the Rebel Regiment accomplished this year. I'll be looking forward to seeing next years show.