CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 5, 2012

FlyLady Update

I've been following Flylady's home (more like LIFE) organization system for an entire month. I can say this... it is really working!!!!

Some new things I've learned:

1) Get a package of paper plates, plastic cups, forks, spoons, etc. to put in your pantry for emergencies. If you're sick and have no energy to clean, use them!! That way you can still have a clean kitchen. 

2) You can declutter so much after you start your routines and realize how little you really need. I took 10 towels (plus a bunch of other things) to Goodwill. I just don't need them if I'm washing laundry most every day. 

3) Join a support group. Right now I have one on Facebook. I love visiting it every evening. The girls remind each other to "spend 2 minutes on your hotspot" (you know, the area of your home that collects a lot of junk each day... mine is at the bottom of our steps) and to not think negative thoughts. Just two minutes will clean up your hotspot, it is pretty amazing. 

4) Develop routines. January's routine was "shine your sink". Basically that means- don't throw your dishes in your sink, lol. February's routine is to declutter for 15 minutes a day. It is amazing how much we hold onto that we really don't need. My home is on a diet! 

No comments: