CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 27, 2011

Wedding Photography

This weekend I had the awesome opportunity to be a second shooter for a wedding that Shannon Norris (see post below) was photographing. I was so excited about the wedding all week long... but I was nervous, too!!

I told Shannon that I am definitely still learning but she graciously agreed to work with me. So... how did it go??

Well, first of all... Wedding photography is TOUGH!! It is easier to get good pictures in my backyard when Grayster is my only subject. Reasons why:

1) Grayson will stay outside for hours... this makes it easier to use trial and error. :)

2) There is LOTS of available light during the hours we are usually outside. Light = good pictures.

3) If I take bad shots one day, you can guarantee that I just won't show them. If I take bad shots of the cake cutting... well, you get the point. Wedding photographers have to be on their game at all times.

Some of my photos were good. Shannon showed me how to use a reflector to get some extra sunlight in my subjects' faces. She encouraged me all day long, and really let me do a lot. She told me to shoot in Av mode so that I had one less thing to think about.

However, some of my pictures were like this one:

Okay, this is NOT a picture I shot. I just wanted to scare you. A LOT.
I'm proud of many of my shots and I learned so much. We had fun going back to the studio and looking through the photos. We laughed and laughed and laughed.

Will I quit my day job? Haha... um, no. I still have a LOT to learn, and I'm quite happy with my current career and future career goals. The idea of possibly being an Assistant Principal/ Photographer seems kind of cool though... we'll see what happens. :) 

No comments: