CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 9, 2012

Long Week

I just realized that it has been OVER a week since I've updated the blog. I hate to say it folks... I've been busy.

The big thing going on in my life last week was my research project. The first part of my Master's thesis was due tonight and I barely got everything done in time. Sure, I had enough time over Christmas break, but who wants to do coursework over break??? Not this girl!

The next big thing going on in my life was Region Band. Before last week began I had 50 students signed up to audition. Knowing that my students were like me (and didn't do any work over Christmas break) I knew we had our work cut out for us. Every day last week I met with my Region band students before school, during lunch and recess, and after school to get them prepared.

This past Saturday was the audition... I was there from 7:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. listening to horn auditions. Tylenol was my friend. Lots and lots of tylenol.

Yesterday was paper writing extravaganza.

Anyway... today is Monday... the day my project was due. I finished just in time, and my instructor gave me permission to submit my project to my online portfolio (which means that it was good enough to earn a decent grade). My Region Band results ended up wonderful as well. Sixteen of my students will end up in Region Band or All-State. Seven earned the opportunity to audition for the All-State band on January 21st. I'm pretty excited!

So... now I can breathe a sigh of relief and relax for just a bit (as long as I can get my toddler with a double ear infection to rest... but that is another story). :)


No comments: