CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 3, 2011

How Home Feels

This isn't a post with pictures.

Just a post to get my thoughts on paper. Well, not real paper... but you get the point.

My favorite part of the day is when I come home. I love seeing my little boy. I love seeing my husband. I even love cuddling with my Gordo. I love the comfort that comes from just being at home.

Yesterday I heard that saddest story.

One of the teachers at my school was beginning a new unit with her students and asked them to draw a simple house. Outside the house, she asked them to write words that describe how they feel when they first enter that house each day.

Most students said things like: loved, part of the family, happy.

But some said things like this: hated, invisible, unwanted.

Yall... It just breaks my heart. Grayster is my world, and I see his sweet spirit in my students every single day. Seriously... how can there be families out there who make their middle school children feel this way...

Since then I've been saying lots of prayers for my school babies... and my heart is still broken.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

I understand and I'm sure it breaks your heart into a million pieces. I deal with the young adult aftermath of those sad stories.

Terri said...

That is so sad... thank goodness that there are awesome teachers like you who can be there for these kids to encourage them, support them and pray for them.

The Dales said...

This brought tears to my eyes. I know that age is rough, and for parents to deal with children that age can be a struggle but I pray my children will never ever feel that way, even on our worst of days. I hate to know children feel that way at home. Home should be where they feel the most loved and comforted.