CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 18, 2012

How I Lowered Our Bills... Just By Asking!!

I've been negotiating bill payments with our service providers for as long as I can remember... I forgot who taught me that you could do it, but it totally works-- I've never NOT been able to get my bills lowered using this method.

Things I've done in the past few weeks:

1) Checked my satellite tv account online- canceled services that we weren't taking advantage of-- Savings of $23.00 a month

2) Canceled a credit monitoring service we had- Savings $17.00 a month

3) Called my satellite tv provider and asked if they could lower my bill. Since we were out of contract with them, I knew I had the upper hand. They lowered my bill by another $30.00 a month for the next year. The trick is to be super polite, simply explain that you're trying to lower your monthly expenses and go from there. 

4) Called my internet provider and asked if I could get in on a promotional rate. I had to renew my contract for 24 months, but they doubled my speed and lowered my bill by $20.00 a month for 2 years.

TOTAL MONTHLY SAVINGS= 90.00 a month!!!! 

See... it never hurts to ask!! 

No comments: