CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Circle, Circle

Grayson's bedtime routine goes something like this: bath, run around naked for a bit, put on pajamas, hop in crib for 2 or 3 books, get out, sit in the glider with me and sing some songs. I used to read with him in the glider, but I found that his attention span is much better when he is in his crib. 

Tonight we were in the glider and I asked Grayson what songs he wanted to sing. He said, "Blue", so we sang Little Boy Blue. When we sing, I try to sing the lyrics but can barely hear myself think because Grayson sings (very loudly) right along with me, hitting most of the correct pitches but making up whatever words (and non-words) he thinks of at the moment. 

Then I said, "What song do you want next?" He told me that he wanted to sing Circle. My mind went blank. Circle?? "How does it go?", I asked. He responded, "Circle, circle". So, at that point, I just made up a song. 

"Circle, circle, square, square..."

"NO, MOMMY!!!" Grayson was mad at me!

So, I thought for a second and then realized that he was thinking of Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. I asked him if that was what he wanted to sing, "Okay", was his response. 

So, we sang. He sang MUCH louder than I did. I couldn't help but laugh. 

Then I asked him what he wanted to sing next. 

"Sleep.... Bed", Grayson said. 

THE END

No comments: